Configuring Caller ID Support
MyClient can be used as a Caller ID data source for your PBX system, allowing you to support private phone numbers and prepare accurate information more quickly.
To use MyClient as a Caller ID data source, you must enable the "Enable serving Caller ID results" option in your MyClient installation > Manage System Behaviour page > Alerts tab.
Configuring FreePBX to use MyClient Caller ID
FreePBX is a popular Asterisk distribution providing PBX services. To configure FreePBX to use MyClient Caller ID:
- Log in to the FreePBX web interface and choose 'CallerID Lookup Sources' from the left-hand menu
- Create a new lookup source using the following settings:
- Source Description: MyClient
- Source Type:
example.servermanagerpro.com(your myclient installation)
- Choose 'Inbound Routes' from the left-hand menu and select your inbound route
- Select the new source and click 'Submit'
- Click 'Apply Config' at the top of the page
- Reload the asterisk dialplan and restart asterisk
Configuring other PBX systems to use MyClient Caller ID
When serving Caller ID results is enabled, MyClient responds to URLs in the form
example.servermanagerpro.com/cnam/555-1234 with a plaintext response message, or an error such as
NO AUTH or
NOT FOUND (555-1234).
It should be possible to adapt this information for use in your own PBX system.